What is it?
- This program was developed by Mercury to recognize boat manufacturers who have achieved higher standards in their design review, manufacturing and installation processes.
- Developed through the OEM Product Integration Engineering group, this rigorous program is designed to review all facets of manufacturing and installation processes and to identify opportunities to implement Lean Six Sigma processes and training programs.
- Certification applies leading-edge methodologies to create efficiencies and best practices specific to engine installation; world-class assembly and component specifications; efficient installation processes; and industry standard end-of-line test procedures.
- The program is comprised of design, manufacturing and installation review stages that incorporate 29 imperatives with which builders must comply.
- Builders that successfully complete the program and meet all certification requirements will earn iQ Certified Manufacturer status and receive an additional year of nondeclining limited factory warranty coverage on all MerCruiser engines installed in boats from date of certification.
Trophy is the first stern drive fishing boat manufacturer to be "iQ Certified" by Mercury Marine.
What does this mean to Trophy customers?
All new gas powered, sterndrive Trophy boats built since the certification date come standard with an additional year of limited factory engine warranty coverage. So you can go farther and longer with extra confidence. Itís all part of being Trophy Tough.